Roof Replacement Contractor in Northern Virginia
Many problems are found in the home - repair and roof replacement is undeniably the most common by far. Even the tiniest leak if left unresolved, can cause more severe damage and so should be on top of your priority list.
Contact us today for a Phone or In-Home consultation
Inspecting, fixing, and replacing shingles on roof is not an easy job, and if you are muddled about what needs to be done, it is best to consult a professional roof replacement contractor before making any further decisions. If, however, unsure whether your roof needs work, the list below indicates when someone might need assistance from a qualified contractor.
- Roof that aged for more than 15 years, in bad shape or too old
- Water leaks into your home or business (interior water damage)
- Loose roof tile, curling or visibly cracked or damaged
- Sagging roof
- Mold in your home
- Damage from inclement weather
- Unexplained spike in your electricity bill
Understanding what type of roof to pick: flat or pitch and with so many materials to choose from it can be an overwhelming decision to make.
Your roof plays a major role in giving you protection, comfort, and security. So, if you need roof replacement, it’s important to understand what coverage and durability are needed and what will work best. Below, we have listed the most popular roofing materials and broken down some basic information that’ll surely help.
- Asphalt Shingles - The most popular roofing material used in the United States. They are economical and easy to install, with prices ranging from $70 to $120 per square and an average life span between 20 to 25 years if maintained properly.
- Clay and Concrete Tiles - Clay tiles are made by baking molded clay, while concrete tiles are made similar to regular concrete and are a more affordable option compared to clay. Concrete prices start around $400 - $500, while clay tiles can cost 700 – 1000 a square. Both outperform many other roofing materials; however, clay is more durable, with a lifespan that lasts over 100 years.
- Metal Roofing - Metal roofs are perfect for any home that withstands the elements. They come in two different types, panels and shingles; this material comes in aluminum, copper, stainless steel, and zinc. Metal prices usually start around $100 - $300 per square, depending on the style with a life span of 40 to 75 years.
- Slate - is a durable roof that is fire resistant and a sustainable roof that can be recycled. Prices start at about $600 a square, and durability lasts more than 50-100 years.
- Wood Shingles and Shake are beautiful, a natural product usually made from cedar. They typically last 25-30 years and cost around $100 to $150 per square.
Roofing materials have come a long way over the past years, and with so many choices, it is best to get roofing experts to help you make the right decision.
Licensed and Experienced Roof Replacement Contractors in Northern Virginia
When you're looking for reputable roofing replacement companies, make sure they can offer what is necessary and fit the bill perfectly. A good roof replacement contractor will discuss all possible factors before providing an estimate so that no one is left disappointed.
Roofers in Arlington can help you get the quality service you need so you can rest knowing your home is in good hands. With a proper license that protects your safety, we give you peace knowing you only deal with professionals who have a certain level of knowledge and expertise in all types of roofing systems and are regulated by law.
Our team of professionals pride themselves with skills and expertise in the roofing and construction industry and are committed to providing unmatched quality service and workmanship, all at a competitive rate. Our licensed, certified, and insured roofers in Arlington are geared for success and guarantee an effective solution to all your roofing needs be it repair, replacement or new installation.
Don't skip another day! Call us on (571) 397-6072 and get NOT ONLY a detailed, accurate assessment and cost-effective solution but convenience and quality roof you need in your home.
We'll contact you
Our offices will contact you ahead of time to coordinate your service, select materials, and ensure that your roof gets the care it needs.
Protection of Personal Property
Your contractor's task will be to safeguard your property while fixing your roof. For siding, plants, walls, and shrubs, plywood and tarps are utilized for protection.
When repairing an old roof
The old roof covering will be removed for a thorough inspection of the wooden substrate.
During your examination, any rotten, soft, or moist wood will be replaced. This is required to guarantee a sturdy foundation for your roofing construction. This ensures that your shingles will not be damaged. Your roof's wood sheeting will be examined to ensure that it is properly fastened.
Preparing Your Roof's Surface
The drip edge is fitted at all of your roof's edges once your wood decking has been prepped. This is a 90-degree bend in metal that prevents rain from leaking beneath your roofing material at the borders.
Protection against water and ice
Installing a roof liner that will prevent any water leakage on your roof. It should be installed at all roof penetrations, such as roof joints, pipe flanges and chimneys, as well as at the bottom of the roof. This will prevent water and ice from penetrating the wood decking. This can cause cracks that will weaken the structure.
Roofing Materials Will Be Installed
The base of your roof will be ready for the contractor to start laying materials as soon as all the necessary steps have been completed. The roofer will work from the bottom up. When ridge flashing, ridge vents and flashing need to be installed, they follow a specific procedure.
Every day, the job site should be cleaned. Professional roofers think that when they depart, the site should be cleaner than when they came.
Inspection at the End
Following the completion of your roofing replacement, you should conduct a thorough examination. It's critical to ensure that your roof was done correctly and that you approve of it.
The job exceeded my expectations. The proposal was really thorough. The job was of a high standard. Roofers of Arlington has my highest recommendation.
Roofers of Arlington provided us with excellent service at a reasonable cost. Our estimate was given sooner than expected by a representative from Roofers of Arlington. The roofing team communicated with us throughout the process and performed an excellent job on the roof once they arrived on site. To complete the task, a Roofers of Arlington representative conducted a quality assurance assessment once their work was completed. Exceptional work! Roofers of Arlington will undoubtedly be used again in the future.
I spent a lot of time looking into roofing firms. I was seeking for accreditations, qualifications, and other similar things. Roofers of Arlington supplied a quotation, which stood out among the several roof inspections I got. That was really outstanding, and it demonstrates the company's integrity. They took the time to provide a quote. They installed a new roof, and I am very pleased with the results. They come highly recommended from me.
❓How long does it take to replace roof?
Typically, an average home's roof (3,000 square feet or less) can be replaced in one day. The process could take as long as five days in extreme cases. It may take up to three weeks depending on the weather, complexity, and accessibility of your home. It's common to replace a roof within a day, unless it's a very large home.
❓How much does it cost to replace roof shingles?
Roof shingles are a necessity for protecting your roof, plus they make a powerful style statement. It costs most homeowners between $8,000 and $9,000 to install new shingles, with low costs hovering around $5,000 and high costs reaching as high as $12,000 and more.
Asphalt shingles are the most economical type of roof shingles. The cost of composite, wood, clay or metal shingles is several times higher, but they provide a distinctive look to your home.
❓How much does it cost to replace roof with metal?
Installation of metal roofing typically costs between $6 and $12 per square foot. The average price for a new metal roof is $11,000, but most homeowners will pay between $7,858 and $14,412 depending on the size and slope of the roof, and the materials chose.
❓How often do you need to replace a roof?
Your roof could last anywhere from 15 to 100 years depending on the type of material you use, where you live, and how well you maintain it. Let's take a look at the lifespans of different types of roofing materials.
- The life expectancy of asphalt shingles is 15 to 30 years
- For cedar shakes 20 to 30 years
- As for solar shingles, the life expectancy is 20 to 30 years
- With green roofs lasting 20 to 40 years
- Synthetic slates lasting 40 to 50 years
- Stone-coated steel lasting 40 to 70 years
- Tiles made of concrete lasting 50 years or more
- The service life of metal shingles is 50 to 70 years
- The service life of clay tiles is 50 to 100 years
- While the service life of slate tiles is 100 years